Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. When you sign up for a SPEEDSTER account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number.
Company Payment Method. When companies add a credit card or payment method to your SPEEDSTER account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, based on what's provided in your email or communication.
Driver Application Information. If you decide to join our SPEEDSTER driver community, in addition to the basic registration information we ask you for your physical address, driver's license information, vehicle information & car insurance information. We may share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers to help protect the SPEEDSTER community.
Payment Information. To make sure Drivers get paid, we keep information about Drivers' bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the SPEEDSTER Platform
Location Information. SPEEDSTER is all about connecting Drivers and Shipments. To do this, we may need to know your current location. When you open SPEEDSTER on your mobile device, we receive your location.
Your location information is necessary for things like matching Shipments with nearby Drivers, and determining distance from drop off and pick up locations. In addition to the reasons described above, Drivers' location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges and insurance for SPEEDSTER rides.
Device Information. SPEEDSTER receives information from Users' devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the SPEEDSTER Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the SPEEDSTER Platform, like the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
Call and Text Information. We work with a third party partner to text messages between Companies and Drivers who have been connected for a shipment. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties' phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of "cookies", tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the SPEEDSTER Platform and interact with SPEEDSTER advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the SPEEDSTER Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the SPEEDSTER Platform.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Connect Company shipment orders with Drivers;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the SPEEDSTER Platform;
- Analyze how the SPEEDSTER community uses the SPEEDSTER Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Personalize the SPEEDSTER experience for you and your friends and contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Companies and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Drivers for the following purposes related to driving on the SPEEDSTER Platform:
How We Share the Information We Collect
A. Sharing Between Users
Sharing between Companies and Drivers. Companies and Drivers that have been matched for a shipment are able to see basic information about each other, such as names and contact info. Drivers see the pick-up location that the Company has provided. Companies see a Driver's vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the pick-up location.
Although we help Companies and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Company or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
B. Sharing Between SPEEDSTER and Third Parties
API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the SPEEDSTER Platform through an integration with a third party service, we may share information about your use of the SPEEDSTER Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the SPEEDSTER Platform, including all of the things described in Section 3 above.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the SPEEDSTER community, SPEEDSTER, or the public.
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
- To provide information about the use of the SPEEDSTER Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can't reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails, such as shipping receipts through use of the SPEEDSTER Platform.
Text Messages. Drivers can also out of driver-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a driver SMS. To re-enable texts you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
Profile Information. Companies will always be able to see Drivers' names, profile photo, and vehicle information.
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device's operating system settings, Company and Driver location is core to the SPEEDSTER Platform and without it we can't provide our services to you.
Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the SPEEDSTER community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.